50 Kipping Squats For Time

Over the past few weeks I’ve been asked countless times as to what in the world a Kipping Squat is.  The curiosity is certainly warranted considering that it is the namesake of this blog.  Yet, outside of the brief mention in the ‘About’ section, there hasn’t been a single peep or sighting of an actual Kipping Squat anywhere.  Well folks, that is all about to change.

You asked for it, so here it is!  First, a demo of how to do a Kipping Squat and then 50 Kipping Squats for time with one burpee every 15 seconds.  Stay tuned for more Kipping Squat action!!  CORAL: Please note the jellyfish @1:30 in the second video hahaha 🙂

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Kipping Squats and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to 50 Kipping Squats For Time

1. Jessica (Illustrated Women) says:

Can somebody please set this to music for my enjoyment? Thanks.

2. Nikki says:

Great form! :p

3. Coral says:

Soooooo great!!!

4. Jason Massie says:

What is the point of the kipping squat? Is this just for fun or is there an actual benefit?

• Jason, great question. The benefit of the Kipping Squat is that it IS fun! Give it a try and tell me it’s not awesome. Happy training!

• cliff rosson says:

Jason,

This is an excellent question. Though I cannot be sure for myself I have heard from others that this exercise will improve your extra-curricular activities with your special special someone at that special special time. Can’t that bad just to try right? I would go and try it at your gym in front of everyone and see if you get any comments!

P.S. Trollish comment on my part! Just trying to carry the joke!

5. peter says:

kipping squat looks like a really bad attempt at bastardizing a perfect exercise. Not a good idea but nice try though. Heres a suggestion, try 1- 1/4 squats. They are safe and functional.

• cliff rosson says:

It’s a joke. Notice he was saying “Thrust” during instructions.

Honestly is it that hard to see the humor in it? This kind of stuff cracks me up!

• Hey Peter,

Thanks for checking out our blog! Since it seems like you may not have caught our drift, the Kipping Squat isn’t anything to take seriously. We’re just having fun, and if you like fun, you’re more than welcome to join in! But we totally understand if fun isn’t for you. Happy Training!

Kipping Squats

6. Kelsey Smith says:

I think it’s super fun!!

7. will you start a daily “kipping squat Wod” site?